Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Surprise Date

Awhile back, my sister suggested a dating website - as in, a website that has a ton of ideas for fun dates.  It looks like it has a lot of cool suggestions, and I think I want to try them.  Tonight I tried one, which involved kidnapping your date.  One of Jake's buddies works with him, so I originally tried to set things up with him so that I could easily kidnap Jake from work.  That wasn't going to work out, but I still thought I'd go get him after he got off.  Yesterday I made a cute note for him, modeled off of the one on the website.  Anyway, things ended up not working out as nicely as I had hoped - his job requires him to be out and about a lot, so he doesn't always leave from the office at the end of the day.  Today was one of those days.  I found out the general area where he would be when he got off, but I didn't know the exact location.  Fortunately, I ended up being very close to where he was, and he called me before he drove to my place (which is really good because I live in a different town), so I was able to talk to him for a couple of minutes while I drove to him.  I ended up telling him that I wanted him to stay put because I was coming, and I just had to hand him the kidnapping note when I got there.  Lame, but I think he still liked it okay.

When he got in my car, I blindfolded him and took him to a restaurant that is really close to his office (which fit better into my original plan of picking him up at work) that he pointed out recently.  We ate Brazilian cuisine - which included grilled pineapple *yes!  Then we had meetings to attend, but after that, we went to his place, and I had him try to hit a tiny target with little nerf things from a toy gun that I borrowed from my nephew.  The prize was those pink and white covered animal cookies - I recently found out that he LOVES those.  I had a big target for myself, which I couldn't hit.  He didn't hit his little target, but he was able to hit mine.  This last part was silly, but it was part of the suggested date, and it was kind of fun.

Anyway, I think Jake liked the date, and I had fun trying to plan it and then watching him be happy with my efforts.  :)

1 comment:

Jake said...

That was so much fun! Thanks, Lovey.