Sunday, February 21, 2010

Stranger in a Strange Land

Today I went to my second ward conference of the year for my church. It is so interesting being in a normal family congregation because I have attended college congregations for the last decade of my life. It was kind of funny recognizing a lot of people - "Oh, I remember seeing him around before . . and him, too . . . oh, and her . . . and . . ." The reason that I REMEMBER seeing them is because they used to be single and they are not single now. And then there's me. I think a benefit of getting to be around these family congregations is that it might prep me for my return to them when I age out of the singles ones. I'm going to have to re-learn how to pay attention to speakers while babies are all around making noise (kind of unrelated, but true).

No comments: